My Life Changing Books- What Are Yours?
Written by: Angie Noll
We all have those books, the ones that really influenced our lives and put us on a new course - the ones we absolutely had to own and lives on the bedside table, close to us.
Sleep is good, he said. And books are better.
- George R. R. Martin
Here is my list of top 10 books that influenced who I am today. If you're looking for something to read, why not try one on this list? In no particular order...
- You Can Heal your Life - Louise Hay
- The Artist Way - Julia Cameron
- The Right to Write - Julia Cameron
- Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose - Sonia Choquette
- Writing Down the Bones - Natalie Goldberg
- The True Secret of Writing - Natalie Goldberg
- 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace - Wayne Dyer (And anything else by Wayne Dyer. The list is long!)
- Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
- The Path fo the Yoga Sutras - Nicholai Bachman
- The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
- The Landmark Herodotus: The Histories - Robert B. Strassler (After reading this tome of a book, I fell very much in love with the ancient Greek researcher/anthropologist/historian and I am convinced that I knew him in a past life. He remains one of my heroes to this day.)
And who is influencing my thinking, my life and my work today?
On my desk, right next to me, there are three books that I'm currently drooling over... they are, in my opinion, delicious, and I wish I had an entire day to just get absorbed in one of them without being disturbed. They are:
- Your Inner Conversations are Creating Your World: A Collection on Imagination and Self-Talk - Neville Goddard
- The Art of Vinyasa: Awakening Body and Mind Through The Practice of Ashtanga Yoga - Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor
- The Great Spring - Natalie Goldberg
Which books have influenced your life and changed the direction it was going in? Who are your most influential teachers? Please share with us, because you never know when one of your teachers is exactly what someone else needs right now.
Before you go:
If you liked this article, please share it by clicking the social buttons so that others can find it as well. If you want to continue this conversation, please add your comments below.
If you’re an artist of any kind, professionally or for a hobby, and you would like to receive useful and inspirational articles specifically written for the artist in you, then hit Subscribe and never miss out on a blog or an update on courses or workshops.
Thank you for reading!